Advantages of T-Headed Bars
- Conventional 90 degree hooked bar directs anchorage force away from the joint, thus creating additional tensile forces inside.
- The 90 degree hooked bars result into unacceptable joint congestion.
- In many cases, hooked bars interfere with reinforcing steel bar placement.
- Beam/slab depth is often inadequate to develop full column bar anchorage.
- Headed bars ensure full column bar anchorage by engaging the top mat of beam and/or slab.
- Headed reinforcing bars relieve joint congestions.
- With headed bars, mat reinforcing steel bars can be placed at the right location and position.
- The concentrated anchorage of Headed Bars allow the ultimate tensile force of the pile to be anchored immediately underneath the head.